The Malta Tourism Authority is committed to support tourism operators to confirm M.I.C.E. business to the Maltese Islands. This scheme is targeted to incentivise foreign corporate clients and associations to choose Malta and Gozo for their M.I.C.E. events in 2021 & 2022
Planning your MICE event in Malta? Now is the time to book with SIT
Support towards MICE business.
The Malta Tourism Authority is helping drive M.I.C.E business forward, offering contributions of up to €150 per attendee (rebate per delegate) for new business in 2021/22 *.
*Conditions and restrictions apply
MICE sector benefits from Maltese Government Covid-19 tourism schemes.
The MICE. segment is a very important component of Malta’s tourism industry. It is known to generate a higher than average spend per tourist and important tourism traffic in the shoulder months. The Malta Tourism Authority is committed to continue investing in this segment of industry in it’s recovery and long term sustainability. This scheme is being
launched with this objective.
A contribution will be granted towards each international delegate /registered attendee effectively travelling to attend or participate in a meeting, incentive, conference, or exhibition happening in Malta and Gozo in 2021/2022.
- MICE events showing that a minimum of €800 (inc. VAT) is spent in the Maltese Islands per delegate are entitled to a contribution of €150 (inc. VAT) per attendee travelling from overseas.
- MICE events showing that a minimum of €600 (inc. VAT) is spent in the Maltese Islands per delegate are entitled to a contribution of €75 (inc. VAT) per attendee travelling from overseas.
Duration of the Scheme
The scheme targets new business from June 2021 until funds are available.
This scheme is administered by the Malta Tourism Authority.
This scheme has a budget of € 4 million (inc. VAT). The support shall be provided on a post event basis and on submission of supporting documents stipulated in the scheme’s Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
- Any event can be supported one time only.
- Applications will be handled on a first come first served basis.
- Support is only payable post event.
- Group size should not be less than 10 persons with a minimum stay of 2 nights in Malta or Gozo.
- M.I.C.E. event program must showcase the destination in the best possible manner. Quality of service and product must always be ensured.
- M.I.C.E. event spend in the Maltese Islands that can be submitted as proof of expenditure per delegate may include costs related to hotel accommodation, ground transportation, dining, excursions, team building activities, event production and logistics. International flights or other means of travel to and from the Maltese Islands are not eligible to be included in the calculation of expenditure per delegate.
- Support under this scheme is subject to approval and is awarded at the sole discretion of the Malta Tourism Authority.
- The applicant is required to inform the Malta Tourism Authority with the confirmation of business to Malta or Gozo well ahead of the actual dates of the MICE event in the Maltese Islands.
- The applicant shall be required to present proof of commitment of the organisation of the MICE event in the Maltese Islands. Such proof may include signed agreement with supliers.
- Once the application is approved, a Letter of Approval / Agreement shall be issued with commitment.